The Duchesne Fund
Eight years ago, my husband Guy and I were seeking an educational institution more fitting for our daughters who were entering first and fourth grade. As parents, we were seeking a school based on Catholic values and teachings while providing them with academic excellence.
Repeatedly, Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart appeared on our searches so we scheduled a tour and visited an open house. The difference was quickly evident as we were greeted by Lower School students, opening the doors, and providing school information through polite conversation. Throughout the tour, we were shown state-of-the-art technology integration into the classroom, science labs that rivaled some college campuses, and an atmosphere that was conducive to learning.
We were warmly greeted by the faculty, administration, and grade school families for both of our girls. The staff knew us by name and took the time and real interest in our family. We knew we had made the right decision for our family. Duchesne offers our girls a challenging academic schedule, various extracurricular activities, and opportunities for growth that prepare them for the next level.
We have continued to participate in events Duchesne offers to encourage family involvement, including the Sporting Clays Tournament, Neon Night, Bingo Family Night, the annual Gala, sports like volleyball, music, and arts, and this year, we have the distinct privilege to serve as the Duchesne Fund chairs.
Why participate in the Duchesne Fund? To our family, it means allowing Duchesne to grow and continue to offer our girls an atmosphere of learning with unique opportunities that will prepare them to be successful in the future.
Join us by making your gift today!
Guy and Julie McClung
Duchesne Fund Chairs 2023-2024
Duchesne Fund Chairs
Julie and Guy McClung
Parent Division Chairs
Cass and James Casey
Maria and Dan Cowles
Jennifer and Hunter Petree
Megan and Jason Williams, PreK-3
Roseanna and Jason Hill, PreK-4
Teresa Garcia-Reyes and Jeff Faulk, Kindergarten
Mary and David King, 1st Grade
Paige and Jason Kist, 2nd Grade
Jeanne and Chris Abundis, 3rd Grade
Andrea and Tom Gutting, 4th Grade
Kristie and Dan Robinson, 5th Grade
Mary and Casey McFaden, 6th Grade
Emily and Aaron Coulter, 7th Grade
Kim Dinh and Manish Garala, 8th Grade
Catherine and Tobin Lassen, 9th Grade
Adrienne and Matt Sicinski, 10th Grade
Janine and Chris Hergesell, 11th Grade
Melonie Dutton Lewis, 12th Grade
- Q: Why does Duchesne have an Annual Fund campaign when we already pay tuition?
- Q: Why doesn't Duchesne just raise tuition to the level required to fund its budget, and then avoid having to ask for donations?
- Q: Can family members contribute? If so, do they receive any special recognition for doing so?
- Q: Are the total amounts donated shared with anyone outside of the Advancement Office?
- Q: Who makes the decision about how donations are spent?
- Q: Is my gift to The Duchesne Fund tax deductible?
- Q: What are the fundraising goals for The Duchesne Fund this year?
- Q: When should I give my gift?
- Q: How can I make my contribution to The Duchesne Fund?
- Q: Do I have to give my entire gift at once, or can I contribute over a period of time?
- Q: What is a Leadership Gift? Are there different Leadership Circles?
- Q: I work for a company that matches my donations. Will Duchesne accept matching gifts?
- Q: Can I direct my gift toward a certain area?