Upper School students must read the book(s) assigned to the English course they will take in the fall. There is no assignment other than reading the book.
Incoming 9th Grade
- Open Mic: riffs on life between cultures in ten voices, edited by Mitali Perkins
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Incoming 10th Grade
British Literature/Advanced British Literature
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Incoming 11th Grade
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakaeur
AP English Language and Composition
- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien.
Incoming 12th Grade
Senior Composition and Literature
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
AP English Literature and Composition
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Students should also read the novel that they will use for their research paper. Email Dr. Ferretti for approval.