Duchesne is often described as a family of families. Our on-campus community of students and faculty are close-knit, but so are our families. Through volunteer opportunities and numerous school events, Duchesne parents have the chance to build relationships with other school parents.
Through activities and events scheduled during the year, the Parents' Association (PA) works to encourage community-building and school unity. All Duchesne parents are automatically members of the Parents' Association.
The Parents' Association sponsors the following events and activities:
- Mothers’ and Fathers’ Welcome Coffees – The Parents’ Association kicks off the year with a welcoming event for all moms and dads.
- Fall Fest – We celebrate the start of school with festival activities for the whole family.
- Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ Day – A memorable event for all our girls, their grandparents and special loved ones, this special day at Duchesne is one of the year's best.
- Advent and Catholic Schools Week Masses – Special community Masses are held twice a year for all Duchesne families.
- Family Fun Bingo Night – Bingo is not just for the kids ... it’s a family affair filled with fun, prizes, and community-building.
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation – A luncheon to say thank you to the wonderful Duchesne faculty and staff.
- Spirit Store – Parent volunteers staff the school store where logo items, snacks, PE uniforms, and sterling silver jewelry can be purchased.
- Uniform Resale – A wonderful opportunity to purchase gently worn uniforms and donate skirts and jumpers that no longer fit.
- Heart-to-Heart – A compassionate outreach for families experiencing either great joy (birth of a baby) or sorrow (illness or death). The Heart-to-Heart committee will bring a gift of dinner and well wishes to any Duchesne family in need.
- Parent Prayer Group - A group for parents to gather weekly to pray or provide support for the Duchesne community.
All parents receive a list of all volunteer opportunities at the beginning of the school year. Volunteering at the school is a rewarding experience and we encourage parents to get involved.