Duchesne is often described as a family of families. Our on-campus community of students and faculty are close-knit, but so are our families. Through volunteer opportunities and numerous school events, Duchesne parents have the chance to build relationships with other school parents.
Through activities and events scheduled during the year, the Parents' Association (PA) works to encourage community-building and school unity. All Duchesne parents are automatically members of the Parents' Association.
The Parents' Association sponsors the following events and activities:
- Mothers’ and Fathers’ Welcome Coffees – The Parents’ Association kicks off the year with a welcoming event for all moms and dads.
- Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ Day – A memorable event for all our girls, their grandparents and special loved ones, this special day at Duchesne is one of the year's best.
- Advent and Catholic Schools Week Masses – Special community Masses are held twice a year for all Duchesne families.
- Family Fun Bingo Night – Bingo is not just for the kids ... it’s a family affair filled with fun, prizes, and community-building.
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation – A luncheon to say thank you to the wonderful Duchesne faculty and staff.
- Spirit Store – Parent volunteers staff the school store where logo spirit wear, water bottles, PE shorts and t-shirts, and Duchesne gifts can be purchased.
- Uniform Resale – A wonderful opportunity to purchase gently worn uniforms and to donate skirts, jumpers, and tops that no longer fit.
- Helping Hearts – A compassionate outreach for families experiencing either great joy (birth of a baby) or sorrow (illness or death). The Helping Hearts committee will help with food deliveries, child care, transportation assistance for any Duchesne family in need.
- Parent Rosary Group - A group for parents to gather weekly to pray the rosary and lift up prayer intentions for the Duchesne community.
All parents receive a list of all volunteer opportunities at the beginning of the school year. Volunteering at the school is a rewarding experience and we encourage parents to get involved.
PK3 (Bayou Room; ) PK4 Turntable Room in the Cameron Theatre
Sister Lamy Lower School Library