Duchesne Academy Middle School
Serving grade 5 - 8, the Middle School at Duchesne Academy is home to one of the most unique programs in Houston! Explore our virtual admissions materials to learn more.
View our online look book and read about the Middle School at Duchesne:
Welcome to Duchesne
Our Middle School provides a student-centered education that allows girls to thrive. The middle school years are the most formative time in adolescence when girls, in particular, benefit from a supportive community that is focused on academics and social-emotional growth.
Duchesne's Mod Schedule divides the school year into six terms, or mods, to offer a greater depth of learning.
The All-Girls Advantage
Girls' schools create a culture of achievement in which students find their voice and excel.
Benefits of an all-girls education
- By subtracting boys, an all-girls education adds opportunities for girls.
- Girls’ schools are leading the way in STEM education for women in the world.
- Students at girls’ schools are empowered to become bold leaders.
- Girls' schools create a culture of achievement and self confidence.
Sacred Heart Education
A Sacred Heart education develops our students holistically and provides a foundation for the rest of her life.
All Sacred Heart students are educated to:
- Seek a personal and active faith
- Embark on challenging intellectual journeys
- Put social awareness into forthright action
- Be part of a close-knit and dynamic community
- Develop independence and personal growth
Why Choose Duchesne?
At Duchesne, we are dedicated to inspiring and preparing girls to lead fearless and fulfilling lives.
Facts and Figures
- Students come from more than 80 ZIP codes throughout Houston.
- Duchesne is the only all-girls school in Houston serving Pre-K3 through 12th grade.
- Approximately 700 girls attend Duchesne with 250 students in the Upper School.
- Duchesne is one of only 24 Sacred Heart schools in North America.
Duchesne Alumnae: A Lifelong Sisterhood
Duchesne students make friendships that last a lifetime and are connected to Sacred Heart alumnae around the world.
- 100% of graduates are admitted to a 4-year college/university
- $7.2 million in merit scholarships was offered to the class of 2019
- Our graduates are exceptionally prepared for college academics, and life after college.
Global & Social Awareness
A hallmark of an education at Duchesne is the focus on service-learning, volunteer programs, and cultural competence.
- Our Institute for Global and Social Awareness facilitates service-learning experiences and immersive cultural travel opportunities.
- Every student, from Pre-K3-12th grade, participates in some form of volunteering and service-learning.
- Specific programming in each division teaches students to understand the multitude of cultures and communities found across the city and the globe.
Duchesne offers 11 sports and a community full of school spirit! In recent years, we've been State Champions in Field Hockey and Tennis.
Middle and Upper School
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field