Duchesne Academy Lower School
Explore our virtual admissions materials to learn more about Duchesne's Lower School which serves Pre-K3 to 4th grade.
View our online look book and read about the Lower School at Duchesne:
Welcome to Duchesne
We provide a meaningful education that invites girls to explore, discover, create, and develop a true sense of self. Starting with our youngest students, Duchesne nurtures girls to become confident and independent young women.
The All-Girls Advantage
Girls' schools create a culture of achievement in which students find their voice and excel.
Benefits of an all-girls education
- By subtracting boys, an all-girls education adds opportunities for girls.
- Girls’ schools are leading the way in STEM education for women in the world.
- Students at girls’ schools are empowered to become bold leaders.
- Girls' schools create a culture of achievement and self confidence.
Sacred Heart Education
A Sacred Heart education develops our students holistically and provides a foundation for the rest of her life.
All Sacred Heart students are educated to:
- Seek a personal and active faith
- Embark on challenging intellectual journeys
- Put social awareness into forthright action
- Be part of a close-knit and dynamic community
- Develop independence and personal growth
Why Choose Duchesne?
At Duchesne, we are dedicated to inspiring and preparing girls to lead fearless and fulfilling lives.
Facts and Figures
- Students come from more than 80 ZIP codes throughout Houston.
- Duchesne is the only all-girls school in Houston serving Pre-K3 through 12th grade.
- Approximately 700 girls attend Duchesne with 250 students in the Upper School.
- Duchesne is one of only 24 Sacred Heart schools in North America.
A Life at Duchesne
A look back at what it means to receive a Duchesne education through the years.
- Our students truly to get to know each other and their teachers.
- Every student is known and cared for by the faculty, staff, and fellow students.
- Every girl in every grade level knows one another due to the numerous class bonding and community-building activities we do.
Our parents build relationships with other Duchesne families through volunteer opportunities and school events.
A Family of Families
- All parents are automatically members of the Parents' Association (PA).
- The PA sponsors more than a dozen events during the year.
- Parents can volunteer or attend events as schedules allow.
- Year-round activities such as prayer groups provide additional opportunities for parents to meet one another and build community.