Tuition and Aid
As a mission-driven school, Duchesne is committed to providing an exceptional education that will set your daughter on a path toward success for the rest of her life. We offer tuition assistance and payment plans to help families afford the gift of a Duchesne education for their daughters.
Tuition, Payment Plans, and Deposit
Duchesne offers three options for paying tuition. You may choose to make a one-time payment or enroll in a two-payment plan or a 12-payment plan. A deposit payment of $1,000 will be made electronically upon submission of your enrollment contract and will be applied to your tuition balance.
Tuitions assistance is Duchesne's need-based financial aid program. Tuition assistance is awarded in the form of grants that do not need to be paid back. Each year, we award more than $1 million in aid, putting a Sacred Heart education within reach for many families.
Applying for tuition assistance does not influence the admission decision for a candidate. Tuition assistance applicants must meet the same requirements as all other candidates and must be accepted for admission to Duchesne Academy before tuition assistance awards can be granted.
How to Apply for Tuition Assistance
To apply for tuition assistance, you must submit an application online using SmartAid. View instructions.
Dates to Remember
- November 1, 2021 - Tuition assistance applications are available online
- January 31, 2022 - Online submission deadline for all Smart Aid applications
- March 11, 2022 - Notification of admission and tuition assistance awards made via email for new students
- March 15, 2022 - All tax information must be sent to Smart Aid
- April 1, 2022 - Contract binding date for returning students
- March 31, 2022 - Common reply deadline for 2022-2023. Signed contracts for newly admitted students are binding on this date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for tuition assistance?
- How is tuition assistance awarded?
- How does my application for assistance affect the admissions process?
- Do I have to apply for assistance before I know if my daughter is admitted?
- What if both parents are divorced, separated, or never married?
- Is the tuition assistance award automatically renewed each year?
Additional Grant and Scholarship Programs
Janet Erskine Stuart Award
Each year, Duchesne grants Janet Erskine Stuart Awards for students entering 9th grade who attend Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The award is $6,000, and it is renewable, contingent upon the student upholding specific criteria.
There is no application process for this award. All 9th-grade applicants are considered, and awards are given to students who demonstrate the following:
- Competitive report cards in Middle School
- Competitive ISEE scores or a student portfolio
- Enthusiastic recommendations from Math and English teachers that are endorsed by the school principal
- A strong desire to attend Duchesne Academy
Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston also offers a tuition assistance program. This is a yearly commitment by the Archdiocese to keep Catholic schools accessible and affordable to all families. The program uses the FACTS management application process for determining financial need.
Ninfa Laurenzo Scholarship
The Ninfa Laurenzo Scholarship is open to students attending a Catholic high school. The award ranges from $5,000 - $10,000. Selection is based on the applicant's academic merit and financial need.
Head of Enrollment Management
Enrollment Management Director
713.468.8211, ext. 3139