Duchesne Academy is seeking candidates for the position of Educational Technology Coordinator. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Instructional Technology, or the equivalent, and teaching experience in a K-12 school environment.
The Technology Coordinator manages the integration of technology into the Middle & Upper School, is a member of the school's Technology Committee, and works closely with the Director of Technology to strategize and implement technology plans.
Duchesne Academy is known for its well integrated 1:1 and STEM programs, therefore this position requires creativity, energy, commitment and strong people skills.
The Educational Technology Coordinator reports to the Director of Technology.
- As a member of the All-School Technology Committee, attends bi-monthly technology committee meetings to strategize and implement the School's technology plan.
- Participates in weekly Technology Department Meetings to coordinate instructional technology support needs.
- Provides positive leadership in the dissemination and implementation of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Collaborates with faculty members to review curriculum, assess resources and tools, and facilitate projects, in conjunction with the Librarian as appropriate
- Innovates and implements best practices for our 1:1 environment, supporting the integration of flipped learning concepts, multimedia, the DASHconnect learning portal, editing and collaboration software, audio/visual technology, and STEM initiatives such as Robotics, GIS, and 3D modeling.
- Works together with Division Heads, Technologists and the Director of Technology to design a yearly plan to facilitate technology integration and support in the classrooms.
- Researches new trends in education, specifically keeping abreast of the ISTE National Educational Technology Standards and Essential Conditions, and the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.
As a member of the Computer Studies Department, candidates must have the ability to:
- Lead workshops and learning opportunities for faculty during the school day, after school, on in-service days, and some weekends.
- Design workshops and ongoing support and training for students in the 1:1 program, such as: Laptop Out of Box Day, Laptop Integration sessions for 5th and 9th grade students, and Digital Citizenship workshops for the community.
- Teach computer, multimedia and desktop publishing courses as assigned in either Middle or Upper School.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sandra Fellers, Duchesne Academy, 10202 Memorial Drive, Houston Texas 77024 or email@example.com.