Duchesne Academy awarded over $1.3 million in tuition assistance for the 2016–2017 school year, putting a Sacred Heart education within reach for girls in the Houston area. Tuition assistance applications are available online using Smart Aid.
Dates to Remember
December 1, 2016 - Tuition assistance applications are available online
March 1, 2017 - All Smart Aid application submissions are due (submit online).
March 20, 2017 - All tax information must be sent to Smart Aid.
Full information on available tuition assistance at Duchesne, including how to use Smart Aid, the Archdiocesan Tuition Assistance program, and other options, can be found by clicking here.
Instructions on how to use Smart Aid can be found by clicking here.
Application for tuition assistance does not influence the admission decision for a candidate. Tuition assistance applicants must meet the same requirements as all other candidates and must be accepted for admission to Duchesne Academy before tuition assistance awards can be granted.
Please contact Christine Staudt in the Business Office at 713-468-8211, ext. 192 if you have any questions.
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston also offers a tuition assistance program. This is a yearly commitment by the Archdiocese to keep Catholic schools accessible and affordable to all families. The program uses the FACTS management application process for determining financial need. More information about the Archdiocesan Tuition Assistance program can be found by clicking here.
Important dates for this program are:
- December 1, 2016 - FACTS online application available on website
- February 10, 2017 - First FACTS deadline (90% of available funds will be distributed)
- Week of March 27, 2017 - Email notifications to parents regarding awards
- May 27, 2017 Second FACTS deadline (remaining 10% will be distributed)
- Week of July 5, 2017 - Email notifications to parents regarding awards
- August 31, 2017 - FACTS deadline for new students
- September 29, 2017 - Email notifications to parents regarding awards
Each year, Duchesne grants Janet Erskine Stuart Awards for students entering the ninth grade. The award is named for a Religious of the Sacred Heart well-known for her vision and writings about the education of young women.
Janet Erskine Stuart Awards are made to outstanding eighth graders who attend Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The amount of the award will be $6,000, and the award is renewable, contingent upon the student upholding specific criteria. Award recipients will be notified in mid-March, when all admission decisions are mailed.
This award will be granted to students who can demonstrate the following:
- Competitive report cards in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades.
- Competitive ISEE scores.
- Enthusiastic recommendations from math and English teachers that are endorsed by the school principal.
- A strong desire to attend Duchesne Academy.