Duchesne Academy awarded over $1.3 million in tuition assistance for the 2016 - 2017 school year, making a Sacred Heart education within reach for girls in the Houston area. Tuition assistance applications are available online using Smart Aid.
Dates to Remember
December 1, 2016 - Tuition assistance applications are available online
March 1, 2017 - Online submission deadline for all Smart Aid applications
March 20, 2017 - All tax information must be sent to Smart Aid
Full information on available tuition assistance at Duchesne, including how to use Smart Aid, the Archdiocesan Tuition Assistance and other options can be found by clicking here.
Instructions on how to use Smart Aid can be found by clicking here.
The admission decision for a candidate is not influenced by the application for tuition assistance. Tuition assistance applicants must meet the same requirements as all other candidates and must be accepted for admission to Duchesne Academy before tuition assistance awards can be granted.
Please contact Christine Staudt in the Business Office at 713-468-8211, ext. 192 if you have any questions.
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston also offers a tuition assistance program. This is a yearly commitment by the Archdiocese to keep Catholic schools accessible, affordable, and available to all families. The program utilizes the FACTS management application process for determining financial need. More information about the Archdiocesan Tuition Assistance program can be found by clicking here.
Important Dates for this program are:
- December 1, 2016 FACTS online application available on website.
- February 10, 2017 FACTS deadline (90% of available funds will be distributed)
- Week of March 27, 2016 Email notifications to parents regarding awards
- May 27, 2017 Second FACTS deadline (remaining 10% will be distributed)
- Week of July 5, 2017 Email notifications to parents regarding awards
- August 31, 2017 FACTS deadline for New Students
- September 29, 2017 Email notifications to parents regarding awards
Each year, Duchesne grants Janet Erskine Stuart Awards for students entering the ninth grade. The Award is named for a Religious of the Sacred Heart well known for her vision and writings about the education of young women.
Janet Erskine Stuart Awards are made to outstanding eighth graders who attend Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The amount of the Award will be $6,000 and is renewable, contingent upon the student upholding specific criteria. Award recipients will be notified in mid-March, when all admission decisions are mailed.
This Award will be granted to students who can demonstrate the following:
1. Competitive report cards in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades.
2. Competitive ISEE scores.
3. Enthusiastic recommendations from math and English teachers which are endorsed by the school principal.
4. A strong desire to attend Duchesne Academy.